Is It Better To Use Wireless Home Security Systems In Long Island?
There was a time not long ago when wired equipment was your only option when hooking up a home security system. You didn’t have the option of putting a security camera on a desk or governing your components with a mobile device. But, home security has changed dramatically over the years, and that’s largely due to the emergence of wireless technology. You currently have a range of additional perks to enjoy -- like remote access, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and simpler installations. Wireless home security systems in Long Island will protect your home while making your life more convenient.
Things To Think About When Going Wireless
Arguably the most vital element of wireless home security can be expressed through these two words - internet connection. If you have high-speed internet and a quality wireless router, you’re on the right path for a wireless installation.
If you’re concerned about the internet going down or the loss of power, look for systems that have battery and cellular backups at hand to sustain the link to your monitoring team at all times.
In the event you live in an area without dependable access to internet or cellular services, a wired installation will in all probability be a wiser option. Or It might also be to your advantage from a financial standpoint to choose the traditional route if you relocate to a residence that already has wiring connected.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Long Island will enhance your property’s protection, which is the primary goal to begin with. On the other hand, if you like the chance of using the latest technology, review these perks of wireless:
- Remote access: Get access to all the components in your house from your lighting to your security cameras directly from the palm of your hand utilizing the ADT Control app. You are able to view who’s at the front door, turn on your lights, and even activate your alarm system on the rare chance you didn’t remember to do so. Whenever an intrusion or emergency takes place, you are able to have alerts delivered straight to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: You no longer need to worry about the endless wiring, crumbling drywall, and long system setups. The great thing about wireless components is that you can place them virtually in any location and in less time. If you want to customize later with new equipment, integrating elements into your network is not complicated.
- Communications between devices: Wireless technology makes smart home interactions a possibility with fast, bi-directional communications. You can set your components to take action in certain situations to enhance your safety and deter break-ins. For instance, if your outside video camera discerns unusual activity along your home’s perimeter, it may automatically signal your inside lights to activate.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Long Island
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Long Island have proven to be reliable, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about utilizing one. Let’s take a look at a few of the common concerns:
- Battery-powered wireless devices might run out of power. Although this could happen, your smart implements will notify you whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors usually need to be placed within a specified distance from your central command hub. ADT offers range extenders in various scenarios to boost your versatility.
- Similar to other computer networks, the fear of getting hacked exists. The good news is that you can take action to greatly reduce the risk by using secure passwords, always changing default passwords or settings, and using a router with an integrated firewall. In addition, you should only install security elements with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Professionals
Have you decided to experience the benefits of the latest in Long Island wireless home security? Call (631) 213-3528 to talk to the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will aid you in creating the most suitable package for your home.