The latest residential security solutions have become increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it doesn't take much to forget to perform easy security chores like activating your a security system, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
What if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these chores ever again? When you implement geofencing in Long Island, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Long Island For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter along the sides of your property, which you may set up in your cell phone app. The technology then uses your cell phone to determine when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components take advantage of to interact with other connected equipment. This innovative approach assists your home security by grouping all components onto one, unified network. You can then institute specific boundaries along the perimeter of your property and designate the specific actions you want to occur when you cross the boundary.
To illustrate, when you pull away from your driveway, you may program your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Below are a handful of the components you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your home’s security system in Long Island. With the ADT Control app, you have the ability to do a lot with automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart alarms and cameras to activate at a specific time. Direct various lights to lower to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your security alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make specific equipment come alive in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to activate the connected fan if the CO detector is set off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system detects abnormal activity in the yard.
● Set a scene: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in unison. Make your lights switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks engage at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for TV night with specific lighting and thermostat levels.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to enable the security system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Long Island
Whether you desire added reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our representatives today at (631) 213-3528 or send in the form below to begin customizing your optimal security system.