Security cameras can easily be used as a hindrance—a display that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Fortunately, modern security cameras come equipped with an array of tools all built to enable total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detection, these tools empower you to get the most from home security cameras in Long Island.
How To Set Up Your Long Island Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is placing them in the right areas around your home. Interior security cameras need to be placed in common spots like the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart notion to have a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to enter through to access the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear view of your front door, front walk, front and patio, shed, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. You can always access a view of your front door via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are places within your interior that are less vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your visitors should be a chief consideration before installing a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you want a measure of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Video Surveillance
Component layout is only the beginning in extracting the all you can from home security cameras in Long Island. The features shown below help to elevate security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your smart device the instant strange motion is detected. You can also set cameras to begin filming when activity is detected which helps add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your home security cameras to capture footage and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of modern security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with guests with the unit. Through your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or greet your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a camera can see, and provides a more complete view of any space. Check for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that are able to pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your video surveillance have either LED or infrared sensors that will produce video of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the flexibility to secure single spots within your house.. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to inform you of activity occurring on your yard or your driveway and ignore animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera feeds, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant alerts when the see unusual motion around your home.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Long Island is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system can go from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (631) 213-3528 or complete the form below to begin personalizing your home security system today.