Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Long Island
You understand you must protect your home. Above all else, it’s where your family lives and is where you have all of your belongings. But what kind of home defense is right for you? Whether or not to use 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading considerations you will make. Explore the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Long Island and see what’s right for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home’s defense links to a third-party monitoring organization that is prepared to act at all times. If a window sensor trips or a smoke detector starts to sound, your monitoring agents receive an immediate notification. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and send the applicable emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t include professional backup. You can think of this option as self-monitored, which means that if your alarm goes off, you need to act to resolve it. This choice is the more affordable solution, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Long Island
Here’s a short breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support in place is always a good choice. If you are not on site, not awake, or without access to your smartphone, your property and those inside will still be watched over.
- Faster response: Monitoring specialists are always ready. They’ll reply more quickly to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security could qualify you for a price cut on your home insurance premium.
- Better tools and flawless integration: By getting hardware, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security specialist, you will gain access to a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will find on your own.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will have a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Countless residents would rather have the install taken care of by qualified technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to handle it on their own.
- Have to sign a contract: You will generally need to sign a contract as part of your package. This arrangement will be agreeable for numerous residents as home security is something you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Long Island
Here’s a quick breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t need to pay a monitoring charge.
- Install yourself: Do-it-yourselfers might deem this to be an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an installation fee. Others might prefer going with a professional.
- More Flexibility: You can integrate equipment whenever you want - and from your choice of manufacturer. Taking that into account, you might find integrating into a cohesive system a challenge.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If an emergency takes place, you’re in charge of getting support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’re away from your phone and don’t get a security notification? This situation will generate additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your full attention: Since you are the sole person in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you require help during an install, you may have to pay for a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to take more time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Long Island
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Long Island from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the ideal solution for your family. Dial (631) 213-3528 today to customize your package.