Who wouldn’t want to make their home more ”smart”? Do you know a little about homes with smart devices and want to learn how to modify your own property? This helpful resource -- Long Island’s Home Automation 101 -- will illustrate how you might utilize modern home security tools to make your everyday life easier and more energy-efficient.
So introduce automation to a security system with certainty, and let your home's lights, locking systems, thermostat, and other connected devices cater to your needs.
What Is Home Automation In Long Island?
If you own or plan to purchase a house, chances are you’ve thought about the following question: What is home automation in Long Island? Essentially, automation monitors and operates various components in your property, so you don't have to. You can program things such as smart bulbs, door locks, and HVAC controls to activate even if you’re not in your house. For example, you’ll no longer have to flip a switch to brighten your lights or turn the dial to raise or lower the temperature.
Automation provides flexibility and function to your home
Automation may be different in every home. For instance, you can fix your devices to operate to a schedule you’ve created with your home’s smart hub or smartphone app. Or arrange your devices to function in harmony to create the ultimate scene for enjoying a movie or for nighttime. Or you might have various smart sensors react to one another to help ensure your home is safe and secure for every circumstance. You can even administer your smart components with your voice if you connect to a wireless, virtual assistant from Amazon or Google.
Of course, you must choose a properly equipped smart home automation system to enjoy advanced features like scheduling and remote management. Many homeowners are most successful connecting smart home automation implements to their home security. Many security systems can already manage sensors, alarms, and cameras via a centralized control panel or smartphone security app. Incorporating your smart locks and various other automated systems lets you program everything from one place. Plus, utilizing your property’s security for your home’s automated equipment means that you only have to master a single interface for your entire smart home.
Smart Home Ideas In Long Island
There is a range of helpful smart home ideas for your Long Island home. Consider these choices to find a world of convenience you may not have thought possible:
- Smart lighting: Have you ever arisen during the night and realized you didn’t switch off the lights downstairs? Would you enjoy the ability to press your cell phone and shut them off without getting up? You might want to consider a fixed schedule and have them come on at arranged moments to give the impression your home is inhabited when you're not there. You might also direct your lighting to activate if your surveillance systems detect unusual motion around your house.
- Smart locking systems: The unsafe action of putting a key under your doormat is a thing of the past if you use smart door locks. Assign each member of your family a customized unlock code or you could deactivate your locks right from your phone. In the event you must provide access to a neighbor or relative while you're gone, set a restricted code and get a mobile device update when the locks engage.
- Fire, flood, and CO detection: Know the instant a dangerous event strikes with connected fire, CO, and flood sensors. Review the current state of your devices via your smartphone and receive updates if a sensor is set off. Enable other elements to respond to certain situations, like putting your ventilation fan in motion if your fire alarms go off. These important safety measures are also covered with around-the-clock monitoring for additional protection.
- Home security cameras: Your interior and exterior surveillance systems will provide an unobstructed glimpse of your grounds or interior any time you please. Examine a live video stream directly on your cell phone or save recordings to your secure cloud server. Another popular choice is a video doorbell, which will notify you as someone approaches. You may converse with the two-way audio capability and at the same time have your foyer lights automatically flip on.
- Smart thermostats: You don’t have to adjust your thermostat dial manually. Instead, set your smart thermostat to respond to your specific needs. For instance, automatically reduce the air conditioning or heat when you're at work. Then you can have your settings increase to a more suitable temperature an hour or so before you return. In addition, you can access your smartphone app to check on the temperature from any location and adjust it however you wish.
Experience the Advantages Of Home Automation In Long Island
So, is home automation worth the bother? Luckily, home automation is more than simply an entertaining tool to control your lights from your smartphone. Learn how automation adds important benefits to your daily life.
- Protection: Home automation has obvious and beneficial safety benefits. Make your residence look lived in if you're gone with scheduled lights and see visitors with a video doorbell. Get phone notifications and have your property light up when a video camera or your alarm system is tripped. Smart door locks, cameras, and items like fire and CO detectors all help establish an increased measure of protection for your property.
- Convenience: If you set a schedule, you won’t have to think about switching off your lights or engaging your door locks, as your system will handle it for you. Inspect your alarms and sensors when you're on vacation, and control nearly every feature of your installation remotely. Customize scenes like nighttime that alter your components in just the right way to achieve the right illumination and temperature levels. You can also tell your AI assistant on the way you would like your interior and see your home react immediately.
- Lower energy consumption: A fantastic benefit of automation is that it will save you money. When it comes down to it, there might be individuals in your family who neglect to do basic chores like turn off lights. By placing your lights on a schedule, you can stop using electricity throughout the day. Reduce heating and cooling costs by altering your comfort levels for when you're gone. Did you forget to reduce the air conditioning when you left for a trip? No problem, as you now have the ability to change it right from your hotel room.
Want More Than Home Automation 101 In Long Island?
If you are asking yourself, "how was it possible for me to exist without smart home automation before," you should speak with your security professionals. We are here to show you your options -- from smart locks to surveillance systems -- and tailor the perfect plan for you. Simply dial (631) 213-3528 or complete the form on this page.